Hello all! My name is Elizabeth, and I'm one of the new co-editors of this corking blog! It's quite an honor for Kate and Casey to invite me to be a part of this, so hopefully my posts will be just as entertaining and stylish as theirs!
A few things you should know about me:
1. I love silent films. Anything by or with Cliff Edwards, Charley Chase, King Vidor, Harry Langdon, Karl Dane, Roscoe Arbuckle, Erich Von Stroheim, Harold Lloyd or Buster Keaton suits me right down to the ground. As far as I'm concerned the talkie ruined the movie.
2. I'm a knitter. A knitter of the most rabid sort. I crochet, embroider, and sew too, but I don't get so raucous about them. I'm probably going to post links to lots of knitting patterns, so if any of you happen to be knitters - hurrah for you!
3. I love music from 1925-1935. Particularly Cliff Edwards, Al Bowlly, Django Reinhardt, Annette Hanshaw, and Gene Austin.
4. I dress in a rather boring manner. I hate to admit it, but I do. For me Keds, feedsack dresses from 1920s patterns, and berets are the height of style. Cardigans are the greatest thing ever in my book.
5. I drink tons of tea. My goal is to put Samuel Johnson to shame.
6. I wish I was a character in a P. G. Wodehouse book so I could have a bizarre name and use the bully slang.
7. I collect vintage books and 1920s sheet music. Especially sheet music with ukulele accompaniments and wildly cheerful covers.
Well, I think that's all you need to know about me! If this little autobiography has interested you any, you can visit my main blog, "Oh By Jingo! Oh By Gee!" or my secondary blog "The Flapper's Personal Kinetoscope Parlor". And I thus end my post with some fun sheet music from my collection!