1.11.2010

It'll look so much better on you...

When I'm doing online clothes shopping, I often forget (or subconsciously ignore the fact...) that I am not a sprite, petite little thing like this:


No, instead, I am (albiet not nearly as drop-dead-gorgeous) assembled more like this..


I know, I know.. curves are great, embrace your hourglass figure, yadda yadda yadda... but really it STINKS to be curvy when all you want to do is wear a cute little number like this:


During one of my "I am petite and flat-chested like Audrey Hepburn" fantasies, I slurged on this adorable dress from Modcloth. Well, it came in the mail today and basically I looked like a stripper raiding her 12 year old daughter's wardrobe. It just looks so dumb on me.

So anyway, long story short-- the dress, as beautiful, cute and lovely as it is (even more lovely in person than it was online, and the fabric is gorgeous!!) just doesn't fit my figure. I was going to just send it right back to Modcloth, but the dress is totally sold out on their site. So I figured I'd offer it up to anyone who wants it here, first, before packing it up (since, if you wanted it, you wouldn't be able to buy it from them anymore)

If you're interested, just drop me a line at kategabrielleart@yahoo.com

You can view the specs here -- I'm charging the same price as Modcloth (since I'd get that money back if I return it anyway..) but shipping is free. It's a size Medium.

9 comments:

Raquel Stecher said...

I'm curvy too so I'm always reluctant to my dresses online. I thought my stomach and hips would be the main problem but it's mostly the chest for me! Who would have thought!

Sorry this dress didn't work out for you. It's super cute. Unfortunately, it wouldn't fit me either. :-(

NoirGirl said...

Oh no!! This is terrible news! I know how much you loved that dress. :(

I wish it was my size, cause I love it too!

Anonymous said...

Awww Kate! I'm sorry. My friend goes through the same thing; my sister as well, so I know only too well what you mean.

As for me, I fall into the Audrey camp. (The flat chested part anyhow).

That dress really is cute & lovely. Wonderful taste, per usual. :-D

Millie said...

AWW! NOO! That makes me so sad! It's so cute too!

Of course besides the tragedy this post really was hilarious! This line: "basically I looked like a stripper raiding her 12 year old daughter's wardrobe." had me laughing hysterically!

Elizabeth said...

I'm curvy too, and it makes clothes shopping hard. :( I feel your pain.

Anonymous said...

Ha ha haha!! So funny!!!!! I was just going through this today! I look like a stripper in anything that isn't cut just right!

Ms. B @ Millie Deel said...

Oh honey, I totally get the "dreading having curves when it comes to fashion" thing. They just don't make clothes for hourglass figures anymore, really frustrating. Oh if we could all be built like Audrey life would be perfect.

Ginger Ingenue said...

I went through an Audrey phase a few years ago; where I just HAD to dress like Audrey Hepburn! And no matter how perfect I thought my little Audrey outfits were, people kept saying I looked like a gypsy(?!).

And then while looking around online, I came across an article entitled (or something close to it), How I Stopped Trying to Look Like Audrey Hepburn and Started Dressing Like Sophia Loren!

So it's funny, Kate, that you have those two paired up in this post. :)

...

Cute dress, by the way. Sorry it doesn't fit. :(

vivienne strauss said...

I think a lot of us suffer from this phenomenon. I too seem to shop for clothes for the body I wish I had.

Related Posts with Thumbnails