11.09.2009

Dear Spiffy - It's me Raquelle!

Hey there Spiffy readers.

My name is Raquelle and I blog over at Out of the Past (http://outofthepastcfb.blogspot.com) and Thoughtful Eating (http://thoughtfuleating.blogspot.com).

My style has always been very classic. I like clean lines, classic shapes and jewel tones. I'm addicted to Cloche hats, winter coats, leather gloves, dresses and skirts. Polka dots make me infinitely happy, especially if they are small. I love putting a variety of colors together to see if they work and my outfits often have up to 5 or 6 different colors. Matchy-matchy is boring, it's fun to experiment!

I'm very influenced by the dress of the late 1920s and early 1930s. If I could dress like I was in a pre-code movie, I totally would. But really, every decade of the 20th century had something to stylish to offer for inspiration. I like to consider myself vintage-modern, giving a contemporary twist to vintage style.

My style is cramped by crippling buyer's remorse and a tight budget so I'm always on the look out for a good deal to justify my purchase.

But I'm not all about clothes and movies. I love to cook and have recently been getting into fun food photography. Also, I work in the book industry so I hope to showcase some Spiffy books on here too!

Peace out.
~Raquelle~

1 comment:

Sarah Mann said...

Oh I think books would be a great Spiffy topic!!
Love you picture, that hat is incredible!

Related Posts with Thumbnails